Red (Sockeye) Salmon is by far the State of Alaska’s most valuable commercial salmon species, with millions of fish returning to Bristol Bay, the Copper River Basin, the Prince William Sound, Upper Cook Inlet and the Kenai Peninsula. (May 15 – June 31, 2024)
Silver (Coho) – Guided Salmon Shore Fishing
Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Adult (2 person minimum) Ages 18+
- Child (2 person minimum) Ages 12 to 17
Catch a Silver Salmon with a Guided Shore Fishing Tour!
For many anglers, the Silver Salmon represents the main reason why a guided shore fishing in Seward, Alaska is well worth their time! The reputation for silver salmon fishing is legendary in Resurrection Bay and the surrounding waters. During the peak of the run, salmon can be seen jumping everywhere. Fishing for silvers from Seward is a great introduction to Alaska salmon fishing.
Silvers make their appearances around mid-June and continue right into the early fall. The Seward Silver Salmon Derby traditionally takes place during the second week of August. While they are smaller in numbers in late June, they are in high abundance from the third week in June right up until Labor Day.
- We will provide poles and all fishing gear needed. We fish from one of our many locations along the coast of Resurrection Bay.
- This is for walk-in fishing. All clients must be able to walk on uneven and slippery ground. It is a fun and exciting time for all ages and experience levels.
- Times will vary according to tide times – The fishing is usually better at the changing tides.
Please Note: Tides affect our desired fishing timing and also our success at catching fish! Check-in time varies based on tides, but we typically offer a morning and afternoon option. We will confirm your start time closer to your fishing date. Call us with questions.
- Fishing Pole & Hooks
- Hip Waders
What to Bring
- FISHING LICENSE! Available online at https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=sportlicense.main
- Activewear made of synthetic & water-wicking materials
- Fleece Jacket
- Rain Jacket & Rain Pants
- Please, no cotton or denim
- Your Camera!