For many anglers, the Silver Salmon represents the main reason why fishing Seward is well worth their time. The reputation for silver salmon fishing is legendary in Resurrection Bay and the surrounding waters. During the peak of the run, salmon can be seen jumping everywhere.
Red (Sockeye) Salmon Guided Fishing Adventure
Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Adult (2 person minimum) Ages 18+
- Child (2 person minimum) Ages 12 to 17
Experience Salmon Fishing in Seward, Alaska!
Experience a guided shore fishing in Seward, Alaska and catch Red (Sockeye) Salmon, one of the most numerous species of Salmon in streams and rivers! Red salmon is by far the State of Alaska’s most valuable commercial salmon species, with millions of fish returning to Bristol Bay, the Copper River Basin, the Prince William Sound, Upper Cook Inlet and the Kenai Peninsula. The sockeye salmon is a plankton feeder which is unlike the other Alaska salmon species and they are very passive toward lures. This salmon generally spends 2-3 years in the ocean before returning to their spawning waterways in large schools.
The driving force that brings the sockeye salmon to migrate to its spawning bed is legendary. You need only watch them leap waterfalls and speed through fast currents to see the force and will to survive that the red salmon possesses. Pound for pound the sockeye, is the strongest and most demanding sport fish in Alaska. The State of Alaska sportfishing record for this salmon is 16 pounds.
- Our fishing guide will provide poles and all fishing gear needed. We fish from one of our many locations along the coast of Resurrection Bay.
- This is for walk-in fishing. All clients must be able to walk on uneven and slippery ground. It is a fun and exciting time for all age and experienced levels.
- Times will vary according to tide times – The fishing is usually better at the changing tides.
Please Note: Tides affect our desired fishing timing and also our success at catching fish! Check-in time varies based on tides, but we typically offer a morning and afternoon option. We will confirm your start time closer to your fishing date. Call us with questions.
- Fishing Pole & Hooks
- Hip Waders
What to Bring
- FISHING LICENSE! (we will send you a link in your confirmation e-mail where these can be purchased)
- Active Wear made of synthetic & water-wicking materials
- Fleece Jacket
- Rain Jacket & Pants if you have your own
- Please, no cotton or denim
- Your Camera!